Residential Property - Advice on Selling
At Kirk Larsen & Ascanius, advice on selling residential property focuses on providing the seller with impartial advice to ensure that negotiations as well as completion of the entire sales process progress without complications.
Our services covering the sale of residential property, be it detached houses, owner-occupied flats, cooperative flats or other types of housing and holiday cottages, include the following advice:
Before the sale:
- Review of commission agreement and estate agent’s valuation, including guidance on choosing between different valuations
- Building inspection report and home warranty insurance offer, including advice on the significance thereof to the seller
Potential defects, including clarification of information required to be provided to the building expert, the estate agent and the buyer.
During the sales negotiations:
- Negotiating the terms and conditions of sale, including establishing and maintaining contact with the estate agent, participating in the purchase price negotiations, ensuring the most favourable wording of special terms and conditions, etc.
- Ensuring the optimum financial outcome for the seller
- Financial aspects of the sale, including circumstances influencing the pricing of the specific property
- Rights of cancellation, including advice on the implications of the buyer having rights of cancellation
- Defects, including ensuring that the buyer has received all relevant information, thus avoiding any financial or legal claims by the buyer after conclusion of the sale
- Coordinating the chain where the seller is simultaneously buying a new property, thus securing the most advantageous terms
Fixed-price arrangements, including advice on the seller’s opportunities for entering into fixed-price arrangements and repayment of any mortgage loans not being assumed by the buyer.
After the sale:
- Purchase agreement and other contract documents are reviewed
- The digital title deed is checked
- The assumption of mortgage debt is administered, thus releasing the seller
- Completion statement is reviewed
- Ensuring prudent completion of the sale, including expediting the process, thus allowing for the release of the net proceeds to the seller without delay