Areas of practice
Maria advises client on all legal aspects related to the daily management of HR, including
- Do's and don'ts when recruiting
- Negotiating terms of employment
- Drafting of employment contracts and executive service contracts
- Handling of poor performance [OBS: på dansk star “Håndtering at” – skal være ”af”]
- Drafting and implementation of employee policies
- Information and consultation obligations
- Control measures (surveillance of or other type of employee control)
- Employee use of social media - advantages and pitfalls
- Warnings and dismissals (with or without notice)
- International employment relations (mobility)
She further advises employers regarding handling employees through change processes, such as:
- Transfer of undertakings, outsourcing, M&A, etc.
- Reorganisations (material change of terms, large scale redundancies, relocation of employees, etc.)
Maria is an experienced advocate who knows how to narrow the issues. She has conducted both civil and criminal cases before the Danish courts as well as arbitrational tribunals, and moreover she has acted as line judge in the tribunal of dismissal and the industrial arbitration tribunal. Maria has the right to appear before the Higher Courts in Denmark.
Finally, Maria advises a number of companies on the handling and observance of the data protection rules, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Danish set of rules. The advice relates to both a number of compliance programmes and several ad hoc requests.
Maria has a strong international network accomplished through participation in various international conferences.
Maria graduated with a Master’s Degree in law from Copenhagen University in 2004 and was admitted to the bar in 2009.
Employer Association, HORESTA 2014 – 2015
Kromann Reumert Law Firm 2007 – 2014
The Danish Ministry of Justice’s department 2004 - 2007
Maria is member of the Danish Association of Employment Lawyers.